Experience the Words. Feel the Peace. Live your Life.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Feel for the Blog


Life truly is a mountainous journey. There is the flat land at its base, the days of our youth. Then, we look up and a giant mass of rock looms over our foreheads. Choosing to take that first step makes your life that much more different. It makes your life that much more fruitful. The problems we face show us that we are not perfect; we all have flaws and makes mistakes that bring us down. As we slide off the edge of that ominous rock, we catch hold of a branch and pull ourselves back up. As you read through my thoughts and works, you may find that we all experience times of darkness. You will be able to FEEL my times of darkness, and you will be able to FEEL me slip off that rock and free fall. I, like many, had to hit the bottom first before I could see there was something wrong with where I was. As I lay on the ground, my heart sank deep inside of me and I made my choice. At that moment I decided to choose life. Although we all experience pain, that is often the means of helping us to realize how much more incredible the pleasures are that are present in our lives. I began to write of my adventures and of my bereavements—those that have helped me to grow as a human and as a writer.  I write to share with others the peace I have found in realizing and accepting my mistakes. I write to challenge my readers to seek adventure, to access your inner peace and to live life every day as if you never know what is to happen. Take the time to listen. Love deeply. Take chances. Don’t live in the past, but rather live in the moment. We all mess up. Rather than holding on to your mistakes in regret, live with the passion needed to redeem yourself and work to make better the wrongs that do NOT define us as people. We stumble and fall in our daily routine, but what defines us is what we make of ourselves in every situation. Mistakes are simply reminders of our humanity; they do not claim our lives unless we allow them to do so. Read this how YOU see it. FEEL as you can or cannot relate to the words. My wish for you is that you listen to what your heart is telling you. My prayer is for you to make mistakes but listen to the mistakes of others, to live in the moment, and to strive to make a difference in your lives and challenge others to do the same. Feel the Peace. Experience the Love. Listen to the Music.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Jess! I love reading your poems and thoughts! You are a spectacular writer and I hope you continue to express your talent!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! I'm always open to listen to what people have to say!